Updated and effective as of Sept 15, 2017.
– The Platform does not require Children to provide their name, address, or other contact information in order to play games. We, and third-party service providers, may automatically collect IP address and similar device identifiers from Platform visitors – but only for analytical and other internal-operations purposes.
– The Platform does collect personal information from parents, teachers, and other adults (for example, if you subscribe to a paid account).
– You purchase an ad-free application, we do not have advertisements on the Platform.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES VERDE THE WHALE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
VERDE THE WHALE only collects “Personal Information” in our website, which is information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you as specific person (for example, first and last name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number), and other information, some of which we collect automatically when you visit the Platform.
The Platform does not generally collect name, address, or other contact information from Children, other than the limited circumstances set forth below. However, we, and our third-party service providers, may collect a “Device Identifier” associated with the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Platform (for example, an IP address). These Device Identifiers are considered Personal Information for Children. We, and our third-party service providers, use Device Identifier information solely to support internal operations.
The Platform may occasionally collect a Child’s first name and online contact information (typically, an e-mail address) solely for the following purposes:
– For one-time use of that information. For example, we may answer a question submitted through the Platform or allow a sweepstakes entry. Once we have responded or contacted the Child one time, we delete the online contact information and will not use it to re-contact the Child;
– For the sole purpose of: protecting the security or integrity of the Platform; taking precautions against liability; responding to judicial process; or providing information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
Additionally, in some instances a game may request that a user provide a name (e.g., to identify a particular player in a multi-player game). In those instances, the name provided is only stored locally on the user’s device and not collected by us.
Please note that we will not condition a Child’s participation in a Platform activity on the Child’s disclosing more than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity. We use Personal Information only for the purpose that it was provided and for internal purposes.
In some cases, we will collect Personal Information from a parent, teacher, or other adult. We use information collected from adults:
– to process transactions and provide our products and services;
– to provide information, products, or services that we believe will interest you or you have agreed to receive, including special offers from us and other companies;
– to contact you regarding your account, our policies or your use of the Platform;
– to improve our products and services and for our internal business purposes; and
When you use the Platform, we (and our third-party service providers) may automatically or passively collect certain “Usage Information,” such as the browser and operating system you are using, information on how you arrived at the Platform, and all of the areas within our Platform that you visit. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Platform and our products and services.
We, and our third-party service providers, may use the following or similar technologies to collect Usage Information and Device Identifier:
Cookies & Local Storage. A cookie is a data file placed on your computer or other device when you visit the Platform. Certain web browsers and add-ons we utilize, such as Adobe Flash, may provide additional local data storage mechanisms that are used in a manner similar to cookies. For example, a Flash cookie is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plugin, which may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your computer or other device. Cookies, Flash cookies, and other local storage may be used for various purposes, such as supporting game play, enabling Platform features, and similar operational purposes. If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust privacy settings on your device, some features of the Platform may not function properly. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit Adobe.
Web Beacons. We and our third-party service providers may use web beacons (small graphic images or other web programming code, also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) and similar technologies. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including counting visitors and monitoring how users navigate the Platform.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Platform, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device, is active only while you are connected to the Platform, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HOW DOES VERDE THE WHALE SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
VERDE THE WHALE does not disclose Children’s Personal Information to third parties, except with regard to the safety and security of the Platform as discussed above, and to service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Platform and who do not disclose or use the Personal Information for any other purpose. These service providers provide support services, such as hosting the Platform and operating its features, or performing other administrative services. VERDE THE WHALE may provide these companies with access to Children’s Personal Information so that they can perform services on our behalf. These service providers have agreed to keep Personal Information they obtain from VERDE THE WHALE confidential and secure.
– Other Third Party Service Providers. In addition to those third-party service providers described above, we may provide information collected from adult users of the Platform to other service providers so that they can perform services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, addressing customer service inquiries, and sending email or other communications. In some instances, you may provide your Personal Information directly to an identified third party through a widget or other third party-hosted feature on the Platform, such as when providing payment information during the subscription process.
– Administrative or Legal Reasons. We may also disclose information to third parties: (i) where, in our opinion, such disclosure is required by law (including to respond to a subpoena); (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; or (iii) to protect and/or defend policies applicable to the Platform or to protect ourselves or any other individual or entity.
– Business Transfers. We may also disclose information, including Personal Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Platform or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, the sale of any VERDE THE WHALE ownership interest or asset, or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
DOES THE PLATFORM USE THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS AND AD SERVERS?
VERDE THE WHALE works with analytics providers, and other service providers to serve advertisements on the Platform, to provide us with information regarding Platform traffic, and to serve our advertisements elsewhere online. Our service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device. They may collect or we may give them access to your Device Identifier and Usage Information, provided that your Device Identifier will be used only to support internal operations. We DO NOT allow contextual advertising on our App Platform.
ARE THERE THIRD-PARTY LINKS ON THE PLATFORM?
Certain content on the Platform may be hosted and served by third parties. In addition, the Platform may contain links to third-party web sites that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy or data collection practices of any third party.
WHAT RIGHTS DO PARENTS HAVE?
Parents have the right to review and request that VERDE THE WHALE delete any Personal Information that the Platform has collected and retained about their Child. If you would like to request that VERDE THE WHALE delete any Personal Information we may have about your Child (such as first name and contact information prior to the Platform’s one-time use) or if you would like to request that the Platform make no further collection of Personal Information from your Child, please contact VERDE THE WHALE at support (at) VERDE THE WHALE (dot) com.
WILL MY INFORMATION TRANSFER TO THE UNITED STATES?
If you do not live in the United States, know that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platform, you consent to the collection, transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
WHAT STEPS DOES VERDE THE WHALE TAKE TO SECURE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
VERDE THE WHALE takes reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information collected from Platform users. We also take reasonable steps to release Children’s Personal Information, if any, only to service providers and third parties who are capable of and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of that information.
HOW DO I CONTACT VERDE THE WHALE?
Mailing address: VERDE THE WHALE.com
8808 Hunter Ridge Dr.
Charlotte, North Carolina 28226
Email: support (at) VERDE THE WHALE (dot) com